Iron is an essential mineral and an important component of proteins involved in oxygen transport and metabolism. Almost two-thirds of this element is found in hemoglobin, the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to tissues. Minor amounts of this element are found in myoglobin, a protein that helps muscles supply oxygen, as well as in enzymes that promote biochemical reactions in cells. About 15% of the iron in the body is stored for future needs and is mobilized in the event of an inadequate diet. The remainder is found in the tissues of the body and helps the body to function. Older men and postmenopausal women lose very little iron, except through bleeding.
Women with heavy monthly bleeding can lose large amounts of iron. The body usually maintains a normal level by controlling the amount absorbed from food. Iron is necessary for the transport of oxygen through the body by the RBC. It is also involved in the transformation of blood sugar into energy and is a building block for the production of enzymes involved in building new cells, amino acids, hormones and neurotransmitters.
Other important activities of iron are detoxification, metabolism of liver fatty acids, synthesis of carnitine and the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. Iron is an essential element for the production of collagen and elastin, which ensure the structural integrity and elasticity of organs and tissues.
Take 1 serving (1 capsule) once a day with a meal.
other ingredients: rice flour, gelatin, magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide
|% RDA *|
|Content||Per serving 1 capsule||%RWS|
|Iron (as iron biglycinate)||15 mg||*|
- Do not exceed recommended servings for consumption during the day.
- The product must not be used by people who are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, children and people under 18 years of age.
- Keep out of the reach of small children.
- Store in a dry and dark place at room temperature tightly closed packages.
- Protect against direct sunlight.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Best before end: date and batch number are on the side / bottom of the package.
Keep in mind that too much of anything can be harmful. This applies to every product, so you must remember to be reasonable and follow the manufacturer’s or dietitian’s recommendations!
** – Reference intake value for an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)
Dietary supplements cannot be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Remember that only a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet ensure the proper functioning of the body and maintain good condition. **
* The nutritional values in the table may slightly differ depending on the batch.
* Ingredients, grammage and nutritional values may slightly differ depending on the flavor variant of the product.