As a gluten-free product, starch can be used as a flour substitute:
• for making homemade bread,
• to thicken soups and sauces, puddings and jellies.
• A small amount of corn starch increases the moisture content of gluten-free baked goods. So it will also work well with cakes, pies and even pancakes.
Corn starch is used in the food industry as a thickening agent in the production of, among others: sweets, sauces, ready meals (e.g. soups).
It is marked as modified corn starch – with numbers from: E1420 to E1450.
Nutritional values in 100 grams:
-Energy value: 350 kcal,
-Protein: 6.4 g,
-Fat: 3.0 g, of which saturated fatty acids: 0.38 g,
-Carbohydrates: 70.5 g,
– Dietary fiber: 7.5 g.
- Do not exceed recommended servings for consumption during the day.
- The product must not be used by people who are allergic to any of its ingredients.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women, breastfeeding mothers, children and people under 18 years of age.
- Keep out of the reach of small children.
- Store in a dry and dark place at room temperature tightly closed packages.
- Protect against direct sunlight.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Best before end: date and batch number are on the side / bottom of the package
Keep in mind that too much of anything can be harmful. This applies to every product, so you must remember to be reasonable and follow the manufacturer’s or dietitian’s recommendations!
** – Reference intake value for an average adult (8400 kJ / 2000 kcal)
Dietary supplements cannot be used as a substitute for a varied diet. Remember that only a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet ensure the proper functioning of the body and maintain good condition. **
* The nutritional values in the table may slightly differ depending on the batch.
* Ingredients, grammage and nutritional values may slightly differ depending on the flavor variant of the product.